Let's Get Those Hands Dirty (in a Good Way!)

Let's Get Those Hands Dirty!

My dream is to live in a world where my house isn't the only one on the block with colors other than grass green and asphalt blue (because that's boring!).

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Less is More

I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking a garden has to be big and crowded to have impact.  Some of the prettiest gardens I have admired are lovely because of their simplicity.  This one with the rock and ornamental grasses is just outside a doctor's office and the other photo with the rhododendrons in bloom was taken behind a hospital building.


When I walk by gardens like these I never see anyone laboring over them but yet they look clean and well cared for. Each garden has its own personal style and fits into the environment like it was meant to be there.

Both the Walgreens and Dunkin' Donuts in our neighborhood have upgraded their landscaping to include a garden "island"  to buffer their entrances and parking lots from the busy intersection they border.  If it wasn't for the fact that I am always driving by both places, I would have included photos of those areas as well.  Suffice it to say that if you find yourself thinking that gardens mean nothing but work and money, think again.  If Walgreens and Dunkin' Donuts can afford the time and resources, you can, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment